The free Small Fleet & Owner-Operator Summit kicks off in less than 48 hours (9 a.m. EDT on Wednesday, June 15).
So far, 2022 is turning into a nightmare for many in the trucking industry. Freight volume is down, while costs for fuel, insurance, etc. are significantly higher.
Regardless of the freight environment, truck drivers are the backbone of the industry – the people who deliver more than 85% of the goods consumed by the nation. Small fleet owners and owner-operators wear a number of hats, as drivers, business owners, accountants, marketers, etc.
The FreightWaves Small Fleet & Owner-Operator Summit, a one-day virtual summit, has been designed to provide you with knowledge and insights to improve your operations in 2022’s tough market. You will hear from other owner-operators, drivers and safety personnel who can help you keep your truck road-worthy and ready for the challenges that the highways of America always present. Industry leaders will discuss some of the biggest challenges facing drivers today, including: How are you preparing for tougher emissions regulations? How will electrification impact your operation? How can you cultivate positive relationships with intermediaries? Other topics that will be addressed at the Summit include:
- Simple ways carriers can drive efficiency in their operations
- Alternatives for drivers feeling the rate squeeze
- Creating revenue opportunities in a volatile market
- How that number on the diesel pump gets created
- The value of loyalty programs
- …and so much more!
Industry Keynote features Trucker Tools President/CEO
Kary Jablonski, President and CEO of Trucker Tools, is the Industry Keynote Speaker. She will provide carrier profitability strategies, a strong need in this environment. She will also offer insights regarding innovations that are driving efficiency for small fleets and owner-operators.
The virtual Summit also features several more exceptional speakers and topics, including:
- David Kessler, Vice President of Expedited Fleet and Operations at ArcBest
- Jay Gustafson, Executive Vice President of Brokerage Operations at Echo Global Logistics
- Drew Herpich, COO of Transportation Insight at Nolan Transportation Group
- Tobenna Ariodiogbu, the Co-Founder and CEO of CloudTrucks
- Kris Lamb, the CEO of uShip
- Ashley Savage, National Sales Manager of COOP by Ryder
Keynote from Truckers Against Trafficking
Senior Director of Industry Training and Outreach with Truckers Against Trafficking (TAT) Laura Cyrus will be the Keynote Speaker for the Summit. She will discuss the important role truckers play when recognizing and reporting human trafficking cases.
Cyrus will explain “red flags” for truckers to watch for, and will provide action steps to take when those red flags occur.
You can see the full agenda and the lineup of industry experts, the FreightWaves and Back the Truck Up teams and topics here.