Truck drivers are the backbone of the nation’s supply chain. They haul the goods that allow civilization to thrive. These past few years have shown how dependent we are on the operations of truckers and trucking companies. They were vital in delivering daily staples and PPE to cities across the nation and the planet. Let’s help celebrate National Truck Driver Appreciation Week (NTDAW) from September 11-17.
Vendors are packed with offers and events for NTDAW
I’m going to thank the fine folks over at OverDrive for putting together this list of events and offers because it is quite long. It makes me proud to be a trucker to see all these sponsors stepping up and thanking drivers out on the road.
Love’s Travel Stops to give away nearly $230,000 in free points
Love’s Travel Stops is putting on quite the NTDAW event – headlined by a massive points giveaway. A grand prize of one million points, valued at $10,000, is being awarded to one lucky driver that swipes his or her Love’s card during the month of September.
Drivers can instantly win 1,000 to 2,000 points every time they use their card. Using their cards also enters them into the weekly prize draw and the grand prize. The awards for the weekly and grand prize are:
- September 9 – one customer will win 250,000 MLR points ($2,500 retail value)
- September 16 – one customer will win 500,000 MLR points ($5,000 retail value)
- September 23 – one customer will win 750,000 MLR points ($7,500 retail value)
- September 30 – one customer will receive a grand prize of 1,000,000 MLR points ($10,000 retail value)
Other offers highlighted by Love’s include:
- Fresh food and drink deals from September 12-16
- Free hot sandwich or fresh salad with an oil change from September 12-16
- Discounts on Amarillo Supply Co. products throughout September and October
- Free Amarillo Supply Co. hat with the purchase of a 3-pack of gloves for $9.99, or any of the six Amarillo Supply Co. safety items promoted at 15% off, throughout September and October
Pilot Flying J runs its Truck Driver Appreciation event through October
Pilot Flying J has a massive event planned for the next two months to show its love for truckers:
- Up to three free drink choices in the myRewards Plus app each week (September 1-October 31) including Pilot fountain drinks and coffee, sodas, energy drinks and waters
- Earn up to 500 bonus points in September with new activated in-app challenges
- Discounts on various deli food items all September using the myRewards Plus app, including a 50% discount during National Truck Driver Appreciation Week
- In October, earn even more points (up to 5 points per gallon) when fueling after activating PushForPoints in the myRewards Plus app
- Free Safe and Road Ready Checks in September by Southern Tire Mart at Pilot Flying J. With every check completed, drivers will be entered into a raffle for a chance to win one of three sets of Bridgestone premium steer tires
Pilot Flying J will be collaborating with Monster Energy at a couple of sites to show off the newly redesigned travel centers. Monster Energy girls, special guests, and events like a BMX show and tons of giveaways will be held. Here is a list of the locations of the events:
- September 16 – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Pilot Travel Center at 5231 Pearblossom Hwy in Palmdale, California
- September 23 – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Pilot Travel Center at 1701 Ashley Road in Boonville, Missouri
Canadian drivers aren’t left out either as they’ll be able to receive an extra point per gallon at participating Shell Flying J Travel Centers.
TravelCenters of America celebrates 50th anniversary during NTDAW
TA is celebrating its 50th anniversary during NTDAW by offering a variety of branded promotions and prizes. There will be tons of instant win prizes and coupons to be offered.
Additionally, TA will host the Truckers Against Trafficking Freedom Drivers Project with Bridgestone Tires at TA Knoxville, Tennessee, on September13, and an event with the Arkansas Trucking Association at Petro North Little Rock, Arkansas, on September 15.
Sheetz offering discounted fuel and free food
A rising star in the truck stop world is Sheetz. It is a growing chain of travel centers operating in six states – Maryland, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia.
Sheetz is known for its hot food menu and great selection of food and beverages. In a promotion that began on September 5, decreased diesel fuel prices have been extended through September 30. The price will be reduced at all 654 Sheetz stores that offer diesel fuel pumps.
Sheetz will also offer truck drivers a free meal, including their choice of any half Made-to-Order sub, a bag of “fryz” and any size self-serve coffee or fountain drink. To redeem the offer, truck drivers should enter “TRUCKYEAH” through the Sheetz Mobile App, which will be offered starting on September 11 through September 30.
St. Christopher Truckers Relief Fund joins forces with Blue Tiger and Cobra Electronics
St. Christopher Truckers Relief Fund (SCTRF) is one of the most recognized charities in the trucking industry. It will be partnering with two major electronic gear companies with donation opportunities when you purchase headsets and CBs this month.
Drivers who go to Blue Tiger’s website and purchase a Solare headset during the event and use code SCFSOLARE will receive a $20 discount and Blue Tiger will make a matching $20 donation to SCTRF. Likewise, Cobra Electronics will be giving a portion of proceeds from purchases at its website to SCTRF.
Blue Beacon holding over $100,000 in giveaways for NTDAW
Blue Beacon Truck Wash will be giving away $500 Visa gift cards at each of its 111 locations. Drivers will need to purchase a truck wash to be able to enter the sweepstakes.
Drivers will need to enter at the Blue Beacon website with a code from the receipt to enter. Five lucky entrants will also win $10,000 prizes. Entry period will close September 20.
OTR Solutions takes over Lithia Springs weigh station
On Wednesday, September 14, Marquee Insurance Group and OTR Solutions will be passing out free boxed lunches at a weigh station in Georgia. This is an annual event for OTR Solutions.
From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., truck drivers passing through the Georgia DOT weigh station along I-20 in Lithia Springs, Georgia, will receive a free boxed lunch.
FreightWaves and Back the Truck Up join in saluting truck drivers – not only during National Truck Driver Appreciation Week, but every day of the year!